This weekend is all about the super moms! We’re super moms, super runners, super wives, super partners, super employees…so many things all wrapped into one! It’s time to celebrate us and all the special women in our lives!
As a mom, all I really want to do is run!
And I will do just that….with all my fabulous Moms on the Run ladies! We are heading to Jekyll Island early Sunday morning for the Turtle Crawl 5K & 10K. And yes, I’m taking my mom!
For the past few Mother’s Day we have picked races to do together and I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else. I can’t wait!
How will you celebrate? Will you make time for you and get in some exercise? Maybe you can take your mom out for a run or walk too? Find a way to incorporate exercise into your day!
Don’t forget your long runs because even though it’s a special holiday weekend, long runs don’t stop! 😉
Day 12 exercises:
- Warm up drills – Leg Swings, Hip Hurdles & Lunge Matrix
- Long Run
- Wall Sit & Plank – :60 each
- Legs up the Wall (5 – 15 minutes)
- Stretch! – 7 Key Stretches for Runners + Pigeon Pose
Day 13: Active Recovery & Yoga
- Active Recovery – Short (10-30 minutes) easy (1-2 full minutes slower than half marathon pace) run, Bike, Swim
- Yoga for Runners – Options below
Happy Mothers Day to all my dedicated, strong, devoted, BAD A$$ Mother Runner friends!