Tuesdays and Thursday are core days.
Rock your core Crew!
Go through the ab workout below then don’t forget your :60 plank to close out the day!
Here’s How To Do This Workout:
Warm-Up: Start by doing high knees for 30 seconds.
Part 1: Cardio Abs – Do each move for 30 seconds, resting for 10 seconds after each one. Focus on moving fast. You want to get your heart rate up quickly during the 30 seconds of work.
- Roll Up
- Pilates Scissors
After these 2 exercises move on to part 2.
Part 2: Strength Abs – Do each move for 30 seconds, resting for 15 seconds after each one.
- Bird Dog Crunch (using just your right arm)
- Boat Pose (try to hold the pose for the entire 45 seconds!)
- Bird Dog Crunch (using just your left arm)
For week #1 we will do 2 sets of this workout then for the rest of the month, we will do it 3 times each Tuesday and Thursday. How to videos are below.
- Lie faceup on mat with your arms resting on floor above your head.
- Float your arms up so wrists are directly over shoulders, and begin to curl your spine up and off the floor.
- Fold over your legs, forming a “U” shape with body. Reverse movement to lower back to mat.
- Start on your back with your legs straight and arms reaching overhead.
- Extend the right leg toward the sky as you curl up off the shoulder blades and reach for the calf or thigh, grabbing behind your leg gently with both hands. Hover your left leg above the ground.
- Keeping your torso lifted, switch legs, so your right leg is hovering over the ground and your left leg is pointing upwards.
Bird Dog Crunch:
- Start on your hands and knees in tabletop position with your wrists above your shoulders and your knees below your hips.
- Extend your right arm forward and left leg back, maintaining a flat back and square hips. This is your starting position.
- Draw your right elbow and left knee to meet under your torso. Then extend back out to your starting position.
- Sit with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Grasp your legs under your thighs, slightly above your knees.
- Lean back slightly. Lift your feet off the floor so that your shins are parallel to the floor.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of your at shoulder height.
- Keep your knees bent, or straighten and raise your legs out on a 45-degree angle so that your body forms a V shape (as shown).