What will you accomplish if you decide to give up?
Before you abandon your dreams, ask yourself a few important questions…
- Why did you want to pursue this goal to begin with? Has anything changed? You had a good reason for committing to reach your goal and odds are, you still want it as much as you did before; you just stopped believing you could achieve it because your attempts have yet to yield results. You have to ask yourself: If you push through the discomfort, will it be with it in the end?
- Did you set a smart goal? SMART goals are:
- Specific—you know exactly what your world will look like when you achieve this goal.
- Measurable—you have a specific plan to mark your progress as you go.
- Attainable—you have the attitude and aptitude to make your goal reality.
- Realistic—you’re willing and able to do the required work.
- Time-bound—you’ve set a concrete timeframe for completion to create a sense of urgency.
If you didn’t set a SMART goal, you may have set yourself up for failure. How can you possibly make something happen if you don’t know exactly what you want, or didn’t really believe you could do it? Are you really willing to walk away when you didn’t give yourself every opportunity to succeed?
- How much have you already put in? A concept studied in social psychology called “the sunk cost principle” indicates the more we’ve invested in something, the less likely we are to prematurely walk away. How invested are you? How time have you devoted? How many sacrifices have you made? Are you really willing to chalk it all up as a loss because you’re not feeling confident in your abilities?
- What would you tell someone else if they were in your shoes? Would you tell your best friend to throw in the towel because she can’t possibly reach her goal? Or would you practice your finest motivational speech and help her see what you see in her potential? Unless you’re secretly a frenemy who hopes she fails in life, odds are you’d push her to be her best—so why not push yourself?
It might sound kind of cheesy, but you need to be your own best friend. You, more than anyone in this world, deserve your own belief and motivation.
If there’s some lingering doubt as to whether or not you should keep pushing—don’t give up. Decide to try!
Decide to keep working toward that dream that fills you with passion!
Day 28 exercises: Abs – 4 sets of 15
- Renegade Rows
- Weighted Sit Ups
- Dead Bugs
- Heel Touches
- Bedtime Plank
How many rounds do you have in you today? 2..3..4?
Decide to try and see how far you can push yourself today!
When it’s all said and done, stretch, hydrate and rest up….cause it’s almost time to go long!
Make it a great Friday Crew….and whatever you do…DECIDE TO TRY!