Last day of Donkey Kicks!! Who’s ready to knock these kicks out and move on to some thing new next week? I don’t know…I kinda like it!
Love it or hate it…let’s do it one more time!
Day 28 exercises:
- Donkey Kick Workout
- One :60 Plank of your choice
- Bonus: GO RUN! – At least 1 mile today Crew. Indoors or out…running or a purposeful walk…I wanna see everyone logging something today!
Speed Work: 6x – 8X 1/4 mile repeats
Warm-Up – 5:00 jog followed by your choice of Dynamic Movements (high knees, butt kicks, leg swings, sideways shuffles, skipping, etc)
Work-Out – 6-8 x 1/4 Mile Repeats at a pace that is :30 faster than your race pace.
*2:00 standing or walking rest in between each one.
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
- If you run a 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:45
- If you run a 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:30.
- If you run a 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:15.
- If you run a 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:00.
- If you run a 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:45.
- If you run a 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:30.
- If you run a 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:15.
Cool-Down – 5:00-10:00 easy jog (you’ve earned it!)
Keep those 2017 goals coming in. Remember to send me your address so I can put in on file and send you a little note later in the year reminding you about your goal!
That’s it for me Crew…logging off, shutting down…and going for a run. 🙂
What will you accomplish if you decide to give up?
Before you abandon your dreams, ask yourself a few important questions…
- Why did you want to pursue this goal to begin with? Has anything changed? You had a good reason for committing to reach your goal and odds are, you still want it as much as you did before; you just stopped believing you could achieve it because your attempts have yet to yield results. You have to ask yourself: If you push through the discomfort, will it be with it in the end?
- Did you set a smart goal? SMART goals are:
- Specific—you know exactly what your world will look like when you achieve this goal.
- Measurable—you have a specific plan to mark your progress as you go.
- Attainable—you have the attitude and aptitude to make your goal reality.
- Realistic—you’re willing and able to do the required work.
- Time-bound—you’ve set a concrete timeframe for completion to create a sense of urgency.
If you didn’t set a SMART goal, you may have set yourself up for failure. How can you possibly make something happen if you don’t know exactly what you want, or didn’t really believe you could do it? Are you really willing to walk away when you didn’t give yourself every opportunity to succeed?
- How much have you already put in? A concept studied in social psychology called “the sunk cost principle” indicates the more we’ve invested in something, the less likely we are to prematurely walk away. How invested are you? How time have you devoted? How many sacrifices have you made? Are you really willing to chalk it all up as a loss because you’re not feeling confident in your abilities?
- What would you tell someone else if they were in your shoes? Would you tell your best friend to throw in the towel because she can’t possibly reach her goal? Or would you practice your finest motivational speech and help her see what you see in her potential? Unless you’re secretly a frenemy who hopes she fails in life, odds are you’d push her to be her best—so why not push yourself?
It might sound kind of cheesy, but you need to be your own best friend. You, more than anyone in this world, deserve your own belief and motivation.
If there’s some lingering doubt as to whether or not you should keep pushing—don’t give up. Decide to try!
Decide to keep working toward that dream that fills you with passion!
Day 28 exercises: Abs – 4 sets of 15
****Click here for how to videos****
- Renegade Rows
- Weighted Sit Ups
- Dead Bugs
- Heel Touches
- Bedtime Plank
How many rounds do you have in you today? 2..3..4?
Decide to try and see how far you can push yourself today!
When it’s all said and done, stretch, hydrate and rest up….cause it’s almost time to go long!
Make it a great Friday Crew….and whatever you do…DECIDE TO TRY!
My Crew LOVES arm day RIGHT?!?! 🙂
Let’s take this hump day to another level…it’s hump day PUMP DAY!
Day 28 exercises: 4 sets of 15
****Click here for how to videos****
- Push Ups
- Hammer Curls (or Hammer Curl Swings)
- Monkey Arms
- Plank – Your Choice (:90 2x)
Bonus: #TankTopArms – Bringing back an old workout that’s perfect for pump day. Run through it one time for a killer hump day workout!
Speed Work: Quick shout out to Sharon Bolton for an awesome Ladder workout yesterday! Way to go Sharon!! Super speedy and you didn’t die! 😉
Who else is giving it a try this week? Click here to see how it’s done!
Get sweaty, finish off your day with our 7 Key Stretches for Runners, then give yourself a big squeeze and a pat on the back for an awesome Hump Day Pump Day! 🙂
Thinking about skipping out on your leg workout today?
Think again! You are a runner and your strong legs are important.
NO skipping today’s workout!
If you do….I will find you!
That’s right Crew…I am pulling numbers Friday morning and if you’re not there for Day 28…you will get called out with extra work to do on Friday.
It’s the end of the month and it’s time to push HARD!
I don’t want to be mean…but don’t try me. 😉
Day 28 exercises: 3 rounds of 10
****Click here for how to videos****
- Dumbbell Farmers Walk on Toes – :30 for each round
- Kettle Bell Squat + Overhead Press
- Dumbell Deadlifts – Use your heaviest weights!
- Wall Sit – 1 minute each round
- Plank – :60 (2X)
Bonus: Go for a speedy run! Running builds strong legs so with today’s 3 rounds of leg work…plus a good speed run…your legs will burn! Go get that burn Crew!
Extra Credit: When you’re done with your speedy run…post and tag with #(character’s name) for extra brownie points today!
GETTTT ITTTT Crew! Don’t make me come find you!
We are quickly closing in on the end of June and I will be the first to admit that I have taken some days off this month. Even though I needed the downtime, I am regretting my slacker laziness and feeling very sluggish.
Being sidelined from running is hard…I know many of you can relate….but we can be active in the meantime, so help me get back into the swing of things by showing me how it’s done!
Let’s kick it into gear for the last few days of June and finish strong! Who’s with me?
Day 28 exercises:
- Balance and Reach – 20X each leg
- Squats 50X
- Mountain Climbers – 50X
- Plank Up and Downs – :60
I am in desperate need of some cardio and this one looks good with no lunges and no knee pain causing moves. I am committing to at least 3 rounds. How many can you fit in today?
Thigh Challenge: Day 28
- Fire Hydrants – 45X per side
- Scissor Kicks – 115X
- Inner Thigh Leg Lifts – 70X per side
I’ve skipped this the last few days but I’m jumping back in today. The numbers are high but we can do this! If you started this part of the challenge with us but fell off like me, jump back in today and let’s feel the thigh burn together!
July Challenge: With July only a few days away, I’ve got on my thinking cap and am working on a fun new month for us. Ideas are welcome so let me know what areas you want to work on, exercises you like, or anything else you think would be fun to throw in.
It’s also time to throw in for the new month so if you’re on a month to month system, please take the time to get your payment in by Thursday. Here is the link! I will tag you in today’s post if you are due for July. 🙂
Who is on course to finish all 30 days this month? If you’ve been going strong and know you are in the running for our 30 Day Challenger medal, give us a shout out so we can cheer you on and help carry you across that finish line!
Whether you’ve gone beast mode this month…or if you’re like me and haven’t given it all you’ve got for June, let’s make the commitment to finish strong together!
We’re all tired…sore…drained…physically and emotionally. It’s been a tough month with so much going on. Family, work, working out… being everything to everyone…
You’ve been going so hard all month…and let me tell you… it has been amazing to watch you get stronger, fitter, and more confident!
But the month is not over…yet. You have to keep going…keep pushing…just a few more days Core Crew!
The weekend is all about the long run! What is your plan? No matter what “long” means to you…make a plan…and make it happen. Our plans don’t always work out exactly as we want…but without them we are much less likely to reach our goals!
Day 28 exercises: Long Run + 7 Key Stretches for Runners + Plank – 1 minute (1X) + Side Plank – :30 each side (1X)
Day 29 exercises: Plank – 1 Minute (1X) + Side Plank :30 each side (1X) + Rest (or make up a missed day)
Remember…our calendar is just a guideline. Make it work for you. Switch up the days to fit in your schedule, but don’t stop moving because every small effort…repeated day in and day out…moves us closer and closer to our goals!
Make it a great weekend Core Crew! 🙂