I know…I know…we are sore. We are tired. We don’t feel like working our legs…
Come on…ladies and gentlemen alike…our hips, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are undoubtedly extremely important in keeping us on the road and running strong.
So suck it up, power through, and love your legs today!
Day 27 exercises: Legs / Stability – 4 sets of 15
****Click here for how to videos****
- Hero Lunge – :30 each leg
- Fire Hydrant with Kick
- Pistol Squat
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts
- Bedtime Plank
Bonus: #StairWorkout – 2-3 rounds
No stairs? That’s ok…run through the rest of the workout then add an extra mile to your daily run. 🙂
Speed Work: I saw very little speed work this week. What happened? Get it done today or your chance to bring the speed this week will be gone. Too close to long runs to put extra pressure on those legs after today. If you do have speed work on the schedule today, strength work comes first! Here’s the workout:
- Warm Up – 1 mile (or more)
- Mile Repeats – 2-3 miles – No walking during your mile repeat. Run 1 mile then rest for 2 minutes. Stand there. Breathe. Do not walk. Start your watch over or hit that “lap” button before each mile. After you get your breathe back (don’t wait too long, 2 minutes is enough recovery time) then do another mile. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Cool down – 1 mile (or more)
- Total of 5-6 miles
- Stretch! – 7 Key Stretches for Runners
If your lower limbs aren’t feeling hungover…you didn’t work them hard enough!
Love your legs Crew!