Happy Valentine’s Day Crew! Be sweet to yourself…eat the treats but don’t overdo the candy, then take time to get a little sweaty and burn it off!
Grab your sweetheart and ask them to get a little sweaty with you. What better way to spend the day with the ones you care about than treating them to a little Core Crew love!
We all know those sweets go straight to our hips and thighs so show your legs and hips some love and feel that good burn! 🙂
Day 14 exercises: 3 sets of 10
- Modern Mom/Dad Hip Strength (see video below)
- Single Leg Deadlift
- Plank – :60
- Wall Sit – :60
- Superman – 1:20 (80 seconds)
- Push Ups – 40
- #MadManMartin Plank Challenge – 1:30 (90 seconds)
Bonus: Cardio Strength – Get that heart pumping with some cardio to burn off those extra calories today! 1 – 3 rounds…whatever you have time for.
Speed Work: Running today? Throw in your speed work and get it out of the way for the week!
Workout: 800M, 400M X 3 or 4
- Warm up – 1 – 1.5 miles slow and easy. Get your hear pumping and your breathing going
- 800M (1/2 mile) – Remember those times I gave you for 400’s? Double that and slow it down just a tad. (See times below)
- Rest 90 seconds – walk, jog, or stand still and breahte
- 400M (1/4 mile) – Do not run these too fast. Remember the key is to be steady here. So you shouldn’t be running these at top speed. Take your 800M (1/2 mile) time and cut it in half.
- Rest 90 seconds – walk, jog, or stand still and breathe
- Do it all again!
- Repeat this cycle 3 -4 times. 3 times = 2.25 miles / 4 times = 3 miles
- Cool down – 1 – 1.5 miles slowly to bring your heart rate down keep your legs moving
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track while 800 meters is 1/2 mile or 2 laps around a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
For this workout, you should take the times below and slow them down just a tad. I run 400M in about 1:45 – 1:50, so for this workout, I’ll run 800M in 4:05-4:08 and the 400M in 1:55 – 2:00. You can do this. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and run a little faster than you’re used to!
During a conversation pace run, if you average a:
- 14:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 3:00.
- 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 2:45.
- 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 2:30.
- 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 2:15.
- 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 2:00.
- 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 1:45.
- 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 1:30.
- 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile in 1:15.
If you’re flying solo this year….don’t sweat it…grab your favorite sweety and get them moving with you. Friends, co-workers, children, family…everyone needs a little love on V-Day.
Running will always be our first love anyway so let’s get sweaty and make it a day to remember Crew!