As we get farther into the month, it’s easy to fall off track and let the days slip by without getting our workout in. And as the days slip by, it’s gets easier and easier to just let them go. And once a few days go by, it’s so much harder to get started again.
The secret to avoiding that “restart” is to KEEP GOING! It’s easier to stick with our routine then it is to start again. Even if it’s just a quick workout, even if you only run a mile, even if all you can fit in is your strength, or just a plank and wall sit…KEEP GOING!
If you’ve already fallen behind, DON’T try to make up days. Trying to make up days will wear you out, make you tired and overwhelmed…make you miss MORE days.
Instead forget about what is in the past and jump back in TODAY with Day 9. Legs and Core…it’s a great workout all on it’s own!
Day 9 Plan: (“how to” videos below)
- Food Challenge – Thirsty Thursday: Drink 8+ glasses of water. Start hydrating for weekend long runs!
- Quick Core Workout
- Day 9 exercises – 3 sets of 10 (Planks are :45 starting today!)
- Bonus – Coffee Break Workout
Quick Core Workout (#QCW) and Coffee Break Workout
Day 9 exercises: 3 Sets of 10 (“how to” videos below)
- Straight Leg Kicks
- Metabolic Up and Down
- Standing Rainbow
- Crunch or Reverse Crunch on Stability Ball – Try the Reverse Crunch first. It’s tough but it’s a great core strengthening exercise!
- Plank 3 x :45 (one :45 plank each round) – If you are new to planks please watch the “how to” video below!
Day 9 “how to” videos:
Standing Straight Leg Kick
Metabolic Up and Downs (with or without weights)
You’re tired, you’re sore, you just want to skip a day…or two…or just be lazy till Monday.
Get up and move! #CoreCrewStrong