If your muscles aren’t on fire…you’re doing it wrong! Feeling that GOOOOD burn? Then you’re doing it right!
Monday’s workout is a good one! Lots of reps, but they’re quick and then you get that good “on fire” burn with a :30 pulse hold at the end. Do a nice slow count for the pulse and hold strong!
Day 20: 4 sets of 25 + :30 Pulse Hold with 1 minute rest between sets
- Squats (hold low squat position and pulse for :30 squeezing glutes and quads)
- Russian Twists (hold middle Russian plank position and pulse core for :30 squeezing core tightly)
- Split Squats (hold in low split squat position for :30 squeezing glutes and quads)
- Leg Lifts (hold feet off the floor for :30)
- :60 Wall Sit (no pulse hold)
- :60 Plank (no pulse hold)
I think we’re all familiar with these exercises but if you need a reminder, let me know and I will do a video for you. 🙂
Day 21: Core Workout for Runners
Speed Work: Short Fartlek Countdown Workout
Simple workout this week since we have a big holiday coming up and the last thing we need is extra stress. Get in a good warm up, take longer than 15 minutes if you want/need too, then go for it! 16 minutes total for this workout. If you’re feeling squirrely and want more…double up and do the workout twice before you’re cool down making it a 32 minute workout, but don’t neglect your cool down!
It’s a busy week, but we don’t want to neglect our workouts. Plan ahead to get it done and once you do…then you can relax!
Alway better sore than sorry, right? It’s Monday…let’s do this Crew!