Woke up this morning to my FB feed PACKED with Core Crew workouts…you guys rocked it yesterday!
My favorite thing to see YAY!! Loved seeing newbie Kimberly Cable and her son Kenny getting sweaty together! Families making time to work out together is one of my favorite things!
Before we get into today’s workout…it’s time to start thinking about January. I know…crazy the year is almost over. Please take a minute to think about what we’ve done this year. What did you love? What did you not like so much? Feedback helps me build better exercises programs each month and your opinion counts! I will be on vacation next week at Myrtle Beach, SC. and will be watching the waves while I’m putting this together so make my life a little easier and tell me what you want to see in our New Year’s January Challenge! No feedback = LOTS of burpees! 😉
Day 22 exercises:
- Full Body in 10 – see workout video below
- Bonus: The Crab Twist (see below) + 15 Burpees
- Extra Credit: Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas – Days 1-11
- One :60 Plank of your choice
Today’s video is a repeat from earlier this month and one everyone seemed to like so let’s do it again. A great full body workout in 10 minutes with no equipment needed. So no matter where you are…you can get this done!
Bonus: The Crab Twist – 2 reps of 10 on each side
This was a Jan Peischel exercise we did on Day 6. It’s tough, requiring balance and strength. Walk through the steps and give it your best shot!
- Start in a seated position with your right leg bent, and right foot flat on the floor. Extend your left leg long at a diagonal and reach your right hand toward the ceiling, shifting weight into your left hand.
- As you exhale, press into your left hand, lifting your seat and left leg off the floor at the same time.
- Twist through your core and reach your right hand to touch your left toe. Then, with control, lower back to the floor to return to your starting position.
- That’s 1 rep, do 10. Then switch sides.
Bonus: Burpees – Can’t have a full body workout day without doing some burpees… knock out 15 burpees + a one minute plank of your choice before going into your 12 Days of Christmas. Come on Crew you can do this!
Extra Credit: Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas – Days 1-11
- 1 minute skaters
- 20 Squats
- 15 Push Ups
- 10 Superman
- 1 minute Jumping Jacks
- 20 Lunges
- 15 Tricep Dips
- 10 Mountain Climbers
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Side Lunges
- 15 Pike Push Ups
Lots of awesome speed work this week Crew! Keep it coming!
Speed Work: Introduce, Improve, Perfect – 6x – 8X 1/4 mile repeats
Warm-Up – 5:00 jog followed by your choice of Dynamic Movements (high knees, butt kicks, leg swings, sideways shuffles, skipping, etc)
Work-Out – 6-8 x 1/4 Mile Repeats at a pace that is :30 faster than your race pace.
*2:00 standing or walking rest in between each one.
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
- If you run a 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:45
- If you run a 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:30.
- If you run a 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:15.
- If you run a 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:00.
- If you run a 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:45.
- If you run a 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:30.
- If you run a 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:15.
Cool-Down – 5:00-10:00 easy jog (you’ve earned it!)
With all the stress and hustle of the holiday season it’s easy to forget why we’re here…we tend to get down on ourselves when we make bad food choices or don’t get our workouts in. IT’S OK to make mistakes!
Take a minute to destress, stretch your runner limbs, and love your body. You are perfect so this is just a…