Take my hand…we’ll make it I swear! WAAAAAOOOHHH….livin’ on a prayer!
Just barely hanging on this month? The holidays can make us feel like any moment we could collapase from exhaustion! Hold on Crew…we’re halfway there! Christmas is right around the corner and the month is half way over. Don’t give in to the sweets or the stress. Keep pushing!
Today’s workout is made JUST for runners! It’s an active strength workout that includes stretching and strength. I think we’re gonna like it! Love the straight arm push ups….and remember back in the day when we did that scorpion pose? Yep! Doing it again!
Day 15 exercises:
- Popsugar Strength Workout for Runners – 10 minutes
- Bonus: 5 Minute Core Workout for Runners with Anna
- Extra Credit: Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas – Days 1-4
Bonus: 5 Minute Core Workout for Runners – Have a little more energy left and an extra 5 minutes? Work through this PopSugar Core workout for Runners!
Extra Credit: Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas – Days 1-4
- Day 1 – 1 minute skaters
- Day 2 – 20 Squats
- Day 3 – 15 Push Ups
- Day 4 – 10 Superman
Speed Work: Seeing some killer speed workouts this week! If you’re going long on Saturday, you should’ve already got your speed work done so you have time to recover. If you like to go long on Sunday, you’ve still got time….throw in some speed today! Here’s the workout.
6x – 8X 1/4 mile repeats
Warm-Up – 5:00 jog followed by your choice of Dynamic Movements (high knees, butt kicks, leg swings, sideways shuffles, skipping, etc)
Work-Out – 6-8 x 1/4 Mile Repeats at a pace that is :30 faster than your race pace.
*2:00 standing or walking rest in between each one.
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
- If you run a 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:45
- If you run a 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:30.
- If you run a 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:15.
- If you run a 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:00.
- If you run a 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:45.
- If you run a 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:30.
- If you run a 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:15.
Cool-Down – 5:00-10:00 easy jog (you’ve earned it!)
Stretching: I’ve neglected to talk much about stretching lately but you I hope by now you are doing it without tons of reminders! Remember that runners who stretch before they get injured have less chance of being sidelined! So before you quit for the day, run through our 7 Key Stretches for Runners!
We’re halfway there Crew…keep pushing! Instead of livin’ on a prayer, we’re livin’ on a healthy, active lifestyle that keeps our energy up and enables up to push through this stressful month. Don’t forget to take a moment to reflect on your year and share with us your most thankful moment today!