Hey Crew! This morning I woke up with a headache…how does that happen? I don’t think I’ve ever woken up with a headache before. Maybe my body still needs some recovery? Weird… anyway…making this short and sweet today!
We all love runners with strong glutes! They certainly look good…and they help us run stronger and keep injuries at bay. Since we’ve been doing the Donkey Kick video for a while now, I thought you’d like to switch it up a bit. Jan sent me another great core and glute workout so let’s try this one instead of the Donkey Kick Workout today. Oh…but there’s still donkey kicks in this workout. 😉
Day 14 exercises:
- Core and Glutes for a Stronger Lower Body – 10 minute workout
- Bonus: Sexy Arm Workout – We’ve been neglecting our arms a bit so throw in today bonus arm workout.
- Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas: Days 1-3
Bonus: Sexy Arm Workout – 1 round
Extra Credit: Sarah’s 12 Days of Christmas – Days 1-3
- 1 minute skaters
- 20 Squats
- 15 Push Ups
Speed Work: 6x – 8X 1/4 mile repeats
Want to know why this workout is so effective, how it helps us not only get faster but also run more efficiently, and some tips on how to incorporate speed work into your routine? Click here and scroll down for a great read!
Warm-Up – 5:00 jog followed by your choice of Dynamic Movements (high knees, butt kicks, leg swings, sideways shuffles, skipping, etc)
Work-Out – 6-8 x 1/4 Mile Repeats at a pace that is :30 faster than your race pace.
*2:00 standing or walking rest in between each one.
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
- If you run a 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:45
- If you run a 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:30.
- If you run a 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:15.
- If you run a 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:00.
- If you run a 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:45.
- If you run a 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:30.
- If you run a 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:15.
Cool-Down – 5:00-10:00 easy jog (you’ve earned it!)
12 Days of Thanks – Day 3: Don’t forget to take a moment to reflect back on your year and think of something that made you smile or someone your thankful for. So instead of counting the days till Christmas…we’re making our days count. Have an active, blessed day Crew!