It works y’all… Results don’t come overnight, but the small steps you take every day will make a difference. Don’t give up…keep working towards your goals!
We are off to Myrtle Beach, SC. for a little RNR (no not a Rock n Roll race…just some rest and relaxation. 🙂 ) So this week, I get to run and work out on the beach YAY!! We’re on the road as you read this so send us positive vibes for safe travels please.
Since we all still have some holiday calories to burn off…how about that 10 minute abs routine again? Do it twice for a killer core workout!
Day 27 exercises:
- 10 Minute Abs video – see below
- Bonus: Daily Abs – 3 rounds minimum
- Plank – one :60 plank of your choice
10 Minute Abs – Our core holds up together when we’re running and keeps us upright and moving forward during long training runs and races. This routine will fire up our core and burn some calories too. I’d love to see 2 rounds since we are familiar with the routine and are late in the month and should be doing as much as we can to be ready for the New Year!
Bonus: Daily Abs – 1 round of this bonus only takes a few minutes so 3 rounds minimum here. Seriously…if you push through it you can be done in less than 10 minutes!
Plank: One :60 plank of your choice to close out the day!
Speed Work: Don’t neglect your speed work! This week’s workout is below…yes it is the same as the last two weeks. What better way to keep improving then by getting your body used to the workout?!?
Workout: 6x – 8X 1/4 mile repeats
Warm-Up – 5:00 jog followed by your choice of Dynamic Movements (high knees, butt kicks, leg swings, sideways shuffles, skipping, etc)
Work-Out – 6-8 x 1/4 Mile Repeats at a pace that is :30 faster than your race pace.
*2:00 standing or walking rest in between each one.
1/4 Mile is equivalent to 400 meters or one lap of a standard-sized track. Here’s a few examples of where your interval times would range, depending on your mile time.
- If you run a 13:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:45
- If you run a 12:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:30.
- If you run a 11:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:15.
- If you run a 10:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 2:00.
- If you run a 9:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:45.
- If you run a 8:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:30.
- If you run a 7:00/mile, you should run the quarter-mile repeats in 1:15.
Cool-Down – 5:00-10:00 easy jog (you’ve earned it!)
2017 Goals: Keep those goals coming! You can put them in the comments of our daily post or send them to me by PM…I’d rather you not start your own post with your goals since that makes it harder for me to go back and find them…but whatever works just keep them coming!
You can dream all you want…but without the work, dreams are all they will ever be. You have to chase your dreams…you have to put in the work!
So keep working it Crew! Little steps…every single day. Make today GREAT! 🙂